Sunday, October 18, 2009

Week 7~ Alabama vs. South Carolina

Hello again friends!

It’s Homecoming in Tuscaloosa!

ua.edu- homecoming (www.ua.edu)

This is the weekend when all of the Alabama family gets together.

So now to the game….

usatoday-mark ingram 09 (usatoday.com)

This week Alabama welcomes the old ball coach & the Gamecocks to town! Last week Alabama staked claim the SEC west title and SC had to hold off a pesky KY team.

Well this week I am not going to bore you will a lot of stats. This game was a nightmare from an offensive state of mind and a fantasy for those who crave defense. Offensively both teams, with the exception of Mark Ingram sucked!

espn-Mark Ingram (espn.com)

Without Ingram, Alabama would be in serious trouble because Greg McElroy has developed a brain freeze on running the offense. I know most people will say that it is just because the defense has adjusted but what’s the problem with being able to get Julio Jones the ball? So now you can see from my point of view (An Alabama Fan) that I am not a happy camper with my offense excluding Ingram. Defensively, I am happy as a pig in s#!*. Rolando McClain, the defensive captain, along will a pressuring defensive line, a secondary that can match up with most receivers in the country and a field goal kicker that is dependable 95% of the time make for one happy Bama fan.

bleacher report bama fans(bleacherreport.com)

Now on to Carolina….

Of course by now, you can tell that Carolina did nothing on offense. But let me be the first one to congratulate Carolina’s defense! They played an excellent game with the exception of stopping the run. Mark Ingram punished the Carolina defense for 246yds & 1TD. 118 of them coming after 1st contact.

I want to let all Carolina fans know that I hope Mo Brown recovers well from his concussion. I am not like TN fans who were happy when he was injured. It actually scared me to see him hit the ground the way he did.

In closing, Yes Alabama won the game & I was happy & we all sang Rammer Jammer but I am looking forward to singing it to the Ole Rocky Toppers!

Until next time, have a great week, a good night & remember

ROLL TIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment